Monday, June 6, 2011

Queens Birthday






Good old Queenie ,I feel much better having had another holiday !!
She gave out about 166 "honours" today....ONE of them was for conservation !!!!!
what does that say about our priorities ? and one foreigner got one ...surprise,surprise it was to an American for "bringing us closer together" [Apologies to my American friends,]
but with "friends "like THAT administration ,who needs enemies !!!
On a happier note I've just had a great week with my Chch friends and two WWOOFers ,Sarah from Galway and Anne from the Black Forest [is it really made of chocolate ?] the three of us cleared a little more of the stream for the walkway-to-be.
To anyone local we are having a bonfire and fireworks on the 18th ,hot-wine and cold beer provided .I'm going to light the fire about 5 and fireworks at 6 and pot-luck dinner at 7 if you want .It's no big affair just a small celebration to welcome the sun on it's return journey . Cambrian will be 22 on the day ,Manu was 33 4 days before and I'm an ancient 66....all in the year 2011,must be auspicious .See you here .

No comments:

Post a Comment