Friday, January 13, 2012

First for the year






Happy new year to you all ,half of it's gone already !! sorry that I haven't been on for a while but the days are so long that by the time it is dark and I've fed myself the old brain has given up ,but I will try to be more productive from now .[new years resolution].
Until last night we had had minimum rain in 6 weeks ,the creek was down to a trickle and I was spending lots of time watering the trees ,then last night ,and today, the skies have opened up and drenched the place ,beautiful glorious rain which should get us through the next month .One shower of rain is worth 5 waterings with a hose ,must be different water .I am starting to see a real difference in the growth now ,in fact I am contemplating which trees to cut out !!!! The Merry-go-round of Sequoias is getting quite spectacular . My hari krishna friend Yasoda has given me a sculpture for the forest ,what's a good name for it .My last family of WWOOFers from France sent me a bottle of whiskey with the mail-man ,look what he wrote on the bottom of their note !!
Today a man arrived with a trailer load of cherries and I just filled a 20litre pail !!! how good can it get ,but this IS the fruitful time of year ,yesterday I picked 3 icecream pottles of raspberries for the winter .
OK that's not a bad start ,here's a few random photos .

No comments:

Post a Comment