Sunday, June 17, 2012

Dinkum frosts

Evening All, it seems as though the whole country is in a cold spell at the moment ,-5 here last night ,but also in Dunedin and -3 in Auckland ! but lovely day afterwards .I went for a long leisurely walk about noon in the hills opposite the village ,my world looked great .Once back on the Cambrian Rd I spotted two beautiful kingfishers in a poplar tree ,I haven't seen kingfishers for about 5 yrs ,but they are such a beautiful bird .All's quiet in Cambrian at the moment ,but I might have a bon-fire next w/e to celebrate Martariki as I've got my box of fireworks ready and lots of elderberry wine to mull .I heard a good idea last week .Scrap queens birthday w/e .and Guy Fawkes and have a holiday for Martariki with fireworks ,makes sense all round ,but you have to remember to buy your fireworks in Nov. at the moment .Cheers

1 comment:

  1. That's me holding Eulalia Bellbird Berry and that's Cambrian and Manu checking out the OTAGO harbour .

    ReplyDelete