Friday, March 12, 2010

Beginning of Autumn






Evening All....I'm obviously not very good at this Blogging thing when I've got visitors
[I must be a Mere Male and don't know how to multi-task !!] and yes it has been a busy time with WWOOFers and others ,but very stimulating ,we've got a lot of work done ,eaten a lot of good meals ,drunk a lot of coffee and had lots of laughs ,altogether very pleasurable ,but by evening my poor old brain is too worn out to face the keyboard .
BUT now the autumn has begun and it will be frantic for the next couple of weeks with easter followed by someones retirement party and then things can happily slow down into the winter . Life according to the seasons is just magical ,you get a break in the winter and are all fired up to face the action of the spring ,summer with its long hot days lets you have a siesta in between your work ,the autumn is the payoff with its "bounty" and its "Beauty" and then you slow down again for the winter .Sure beats the 9-5 50 weeks a year regime !!
Mind you we have had ALL the seasons this past week ,new growth on trees,swimming in the river ,start of autumn colours and a -4 degree frost yesterday morning !!!!
I had an interesting experience last week ,I actually met a REAL deBerry ,there was a wedding in St Bathans and someone told me about him so up I went [after the wedding]with the family book and sure enough there he was a descendent of the first child from the second wife ! real close ,but he was" as friendly as a Berry"
I can't lay claim to all of tonights photos as a young Malaysian WWOOFer named Seow Hoon took some of them ,she also cooked fantastic meals !!
Catch you later .....

No comments:

Post a Comment