Saturday, November 19, 2011

Having fun






Wow,doesn't time fly when you are having fun ..or mowing lawns in the springtime ...My week in Auckland was just fantastic ,had lots of time with Mum ,enjoyed Margaret and Raenas company once again and caught with lots of old army friends after 40 yrs .
But the payback came when I got home and the lawns had grown with a vengence, I have quite a lot of lawn and I see it as a form of exercise ,but I also do Antons and others ,so by the time I get to the end ,it's time to start again !!! However the place does look good even if I say so myself .I'm very glad that I invested in a good weed-eater .
This is probably the time of year that I like best ,after all the bare months of winter all of a sudden everything is doing something ,be it birds ,buds or flowers but it is really satisfying to see everything come back to life ,then god sends a frost to just to keep you in check ,the young oak trees are particularly succeptable,I feel it like a punch in the kidneys .However they do come back again after a couple of weeks .
Overall life is its normal idylic self and if any of you out there want to come and share some of it you are more than welcome ,Cam came home for a week ,that was especially great .
Now on a more serious note ...Think VERY hard before you re-elect this govt. !!! If you do ,expect to be sold down the river by lunchtime ,everything will be sold of to benefit the top 16%,so if you are not amongst them [not many of my friends are !] then vote for someone else ,the Wall St sit-ins didn't just happen on a whim ,nor did the French revolution .Don't say that you weren't warned . Cheers all ....Bob
The photos are just things that I wait for all winter .

No comments:

Post a Comment