Thursday, November 3, 2011

Visit North






Hi...it's about 2.30 Friday morning and would you believe that it's trying to snow !!!!I hope that it doesn't succeed ! I've just had the most marvelous week in Auckland visiting my mother who is in a "Home" in Ellerslie ,we went for long wheel chair walks around the streets smelling the flowers and chatting to passersby,cities really are just one big botanic gardens ,or hothouses in the case of Auckland .That took up most of my time but I did manage to fit in a dinner with my old TF pals that I hadn't seen in 40 yrs !!!! it was exciting and frightening at the same time ,from 26 to 66,I'd be fibbing to sat that we hadn't changed at all !!!
Mum is as well as can be expected of someone 98 who is not mobile ,she gets quite frustrated at times ,but can still play scrabble and is quick off the mark with her "tables". She is in a very lovely home called "Mercy Parklands" and Margaret gets to see her frequently so we are all very fortunate .
I am fortunate to have Cambrian home with me for the week ,but less fortunate that the weather is crap and the lawns are a foot high.Once again the place is waterlogged ,but I'm sure that that will save me a lot of watering later in the month ,most of the trees are in leaf now and looking sumptuous ,I hope that the weather doesn't knock them around too much .Here are some photos of the family ,I am always sorry to miss people out in Auckland ,but one day .... love to you all ...Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment