Friday, October 9, 2009

The sting in the tail of winter !




Woke up to a snow free vista ,I was very relieved ,it wasn't very far away ,50m higher ,but all my flowers were standing tall like old bearded hippies !
Crap conditions so I shot off to Alex to renew my gun licence,talk about bureaucratic,
well after much haggling and passing over $150, plus two photos as well ,they'll think about it ! all just to shoot the odd possum and /or ferrett . Life"s tough in the" slow lane"
Shot these photos from on top of the Becks hill on the way home ,more snow about than in the winter ,it looks beautiful,but it means hard frosts . cheers

In the bottom photo Cambrian is tucked in under the mountains a quarter across from the right ,just under the snowline.

2 comments:

  1. Hilary W (Exeter)Oct 9, 2009, 6:31:00 AM

    Hi Bob
    It's great to read about you and all the news there - reminds me of the fun and lovely time I had. Great pics of the country - hope winter gives up soon..My very best wishes and virtual hugs!! H

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hilary W , those virtual hugs are pretty important . Yes spring came back today ,10th. cheers ...Bob

    ReplyDelete