Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Floods in Cambrian






Lots of drama in Cambrian today .Yesterday we cleared out the water-race and I said to my helpers "now all we need is a good heavy rain to flush all the mud away " baring in mind that "Central " got 1MM of rain last month ,no bull. Well god heard me and she sent down a deluge [another deluge ] this morning and the race was fair roaring ,the only trouble was that it blocked up behind the house and all came down to visit !! I must have found it quite quickly but then didn't know whether to protect the house ,cut off the supply or run for reinforcements ,well I did all three and we managed to confine it to the passageway ,now I have a very clean floor and lots of wet towels ,but no damage .Next WWOOFers job will be to clean out the emergency ditch that generally handles things like this .BUT,it was fantastic to get the rain ,about 12mm,and we now have the cleanest race in the district ,if the sun shines tomorrow this place will be a sauna.

No comments:

Post a Comment