Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Last for the year






Evening all....yes ,I know that it's a long time since I 'blogged', but life can get busy in the country you know ,and what with it still being daylight at 10pm ,and I haven't decided what to defrost for dinner ! then it all gets a little too much for me ,maybe I'm just a cold weather blogger !! to top it off I've also been a little demoralized ,the spring weather has belted me around like a heavy-weight boxer ,no sooner have my little trees budded out from one frost than the next one hits ,the last one was on the 22nd and that burnt the spuds right back, along with the young oak leaves ,and I DO tend to get a little dispirited [but try not to show it].Then there are the success stories ,the trees that DIDN'T get burnt and are reaching for the sky at a rapid rate , Overall the forest is developing nicely ,I can see the shape now ,and visualize the future ,and it makes me happy .
My mother is still having visitors ,although quite frail ,I shall go to see her at the end of January ,and hopefully catch up with some' jafas'[that does mean FRIENDLY Aucklanders doesn't it ?] Cam is working himself to the bone in Dunedin
serving coffee to dinosaurs in the Otago Museum .Manu and Kim have been around over the xmas and it was great to see them ,Manu has an exhibition in Dunedin next week ,so that is an auspicious start for the year .
Thanks to all those folk out there who make my life so enjoyable ,be it by employing me ,writing to me or just plain being friendly ,as a reward you can all come to my retirement party on April 10th and drink elderberry wine !! hot of course.
I hope that you have had a pleasant xmas and will have a good new years........ all the best for 2010.......Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment