Sunday, April 18, 2010

Quiet time






WOW , a whole two nights on my own !! I DO love people ,I AM my fathers son ,I couldn't live here without my WWOOFers ,but like most things if you have too much at once you can damage the brain [not much chance of that here !!] I have just had the most fantastic two weeks ,and been visited by some great old ghosts from the past .Vaughan was across from Sydney ,and that always takes a few few months off my life ,this time I ended up upside down in the roses before he left ,he's a great example of how not to grow old .Michael Von Pein arrived from Hamburg ,Karen from Denmark and my friends from Christcurch ,so it was all go,Not to forget Paul from Dunedin and Mike Scott from Takaka . Then on my birthday came Roland ,Carol,Heather and Carroll from Auckland ,throw in Manu ,Cam and 40 others and you have the makings of a great w/e .We didn't have a bon-fire ,but two bar-b-ques outside the front door [saving the bon-fire for Matariki] It was a fantastic time ,I have to thank all those who came and who bought food and drink ,I might be drunk for the whole of the winter on the leftover home-brew!! That is what Donald left !!
Now it is autumnally quiet ,Mikes gone back to Cromwell,Paul to Timaru ,Michael and Karen have gone tramping down Sth and all the rest have gone home ,I hope .
So I have had two days home alone ,but dont worry ,tomorrow a French couple arrive and next week a couple of Yanks,so it;s still all go .Mind you with the autumn here the temperature is starting to drop ,that will sort the WWOOFers out ,but it is beautiful at the moment ..Oh, mustn't forget to mention my sister Rae who was cycling the rail-trail during all that with three friends ,see what good weather you get when God is on your side !! cheers all

No comments:

Post a Comment