Thursday, April 8, 2010

Week after Easter madness




Wow ! what a week I'm having ,four of the most powerful" WWOOFers" that I've ever had Mike Scott ,Paul Cunliffe ,Michael Von Pein and Karen from Denmark ,never has there been such a collection of do-it-yourselfers and clever people in one place at the same time! All my little jobs are just about done and it's not even my birthday yet .
My sister Rae and three of her friends visited by today whilst doing the rail trail and yesterday I had dinner in Oturehua with Bob Keston and his extended family .It is unbelievable what this rail-trail has done for Central Otago .Last day of being 64 tomorrow !!

2 comments:

  1. that is amazing.the woofers sound great have a lovely holiday.
    from frederique. I'm 6...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Bob,
    I was amazed to learn that though you told us on your blog that we should bring fireworks and best wishes to your birthday party that I was in fact the only one to bring fireworks. All those other cheapscates bought the good wishes....
    What a great party.... united nations no less .... I do not know how you do it. There were people at Bob's 65th from Paris, Bonn, Dunedin, Alexandra, Oturehua, Cambrians, Lauder, Ashburton, Idaho (USA), Denmark, Finland, London, Earnscleugh, Ranfurly, and other place I have never heard of, and probably a few others I did not get to. And they were all sober for a few minutes. All who read Bob's blog and were not there will live to regret it. Bob's home brew, (now subsidised by the government) is better than Speights Old Dark, which is something to write home about, and I will bet it would beat Toughy's Old as well. Followed by what seemed an endless bottle of Glenfiddich, hot fires everywhere, and the smallest birthday cake outside Denmark .....
    Thanks Bob, remind me about your 70th and I will change my life so that I can get there....
    Donald.

    ReplyDelete