Sunday, June 20, 2010

Cambrians Matariki.






Two days off the winter solstice and yesterdays 3pm temp. was 15 degrees !!!!! who still doesn't believe in global warming ? A great w/e , I stoked up the hot tub for possibly the last time ,the water was coming through the bottom nearly as fast as I was filling it up and I had to continually bail out the firebox !!but it worked and at 5 o'clock [and 10] we had a great tub .We lit a huge bonfire just before 6 and it's still burning nicely 24 hrs later .Lots of hot wine and nice friends around ,could be my last solstice bonfire as everyone is having celebrations at this time of year now ,time to move the fireworks to this day !!!Manu and Cam went home today [Sunday],I must say that it was special having them both home on this occasion .Cams 21st,,Manus 32nd and my retirement ,not to mention the winter solstice .So Cam's into his adulthood [well sortof !] and I'm into my dotage ,the end of an era.The ice sculpture was not as great as I'd hoped because of the blooming warm weather ,the winter is meant to be COLD like -15 degrees ,maybe it's still to come .

No comments:

Post a Comment