Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Ice Time again !






I trust everyone got through the holiday w/e OK,with only one death on the roads I think that we did very well .I drove to Chch on the Sat in fine weather ,it takes 7hrs from here counting a few little stops .Bruces funeral celebration was on the Sunday and packed out the local community hall .It was naturally a very sad affair ,but uplifting at the same time ,and I came away with a stronger resolve to enjoy life and its madcap ways .The drive home was completely in rain until the Pig Root ,and then it was snow ! I arrived home to no water ,except that that was roaring down the road ! no power ,no fires ,no nothing ,but within 2 hrs everything was going and I sat in the dark infront of the fire prepared for a long night ,and then the power came on !!!!electric blanket time !!
The mornings are VERY cold at the moment -6,but the days are lovely ,here's a couple of shots of the ice ,more tomorrow .

No comments:

Post a Comment