Thursday, August 6, 2009

Bountiful nature




"Evening" ...I'm always impressed with how generous mother nature is ,sometimes too much so if it's sycamore seedlings or broom bushes, but when it comes to bulbs she's just spot on ,put three in one year and in 5yrs you've got 200 !! now that's a good return for your effort . A few miles down the road at Becks is an estate called Lauderdale ,it had been neglected but my friends are turning it into a fantastic location .The main trees here are cork elms ,they are large trees but sucker prolifically ,so the big job was to remove the undergrowth ,and yesterday I spent on my knees planting a couple of thousand snowdrop bulbs ,so hopefully in a few years time it will be quite a display .
Today was a beautiful "central" day ,so I had another bonfire and pulled down the fence on the roadside of the "Merry-go-round" ,one day I will get rid of ALL the fences and then we will be truly COMMON. cheers

3 comments: