Thursday, September 3, 2009



"Evening All"..I just saved myself $936 this morning ,I made 40l of good quality home brew,now if I were to pay for that over the bar at Dunedin airport [which I was foolish enough to do with one 333ml bottle !!!] it would cost me $960 ,take away the $24 that the two cans cost and I end up with BETTER beer at the cost of $1 for 1.5lt !! not a bad saving eh.To balance out the health factor I also made 6lt of roasted muesli,I'll have eaten the muesli before the beer is ready,but give it a month and you get a thirst ,then come on up .
There was a thin layer of ice on the pond this morning ,quite cold ,but otherwise
a beautiful day, after my exertions in kitchen I spent a pleasant afternoon mulching the little trees with straw then blessing them with a bucket full of water ,that should see them well into the summer ! About 9pm I went out to check the length of the grass...not a breath of wind ,you could read the newspaper by the full moon, and a little barn owl was calling out in the distance ...no lights no cars no wind ..I love this place .

No comments:

Post a Comment