Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Population explosion





"Evening all".....How fickle can the weather be ,yesterday we were getting blown off the map ,and today there was hardly a breath of wind ,just enough to dry the washing. .Can you imagine yesterday ,the temp. was about 28degrees and the wind [at Becks] was at least 60kph,one certainly knew that one was alive ! However today has been just the reverse ,sunshine all day ,it seemed to pull the visitors out of the ether ,I was initially a little horrified to see a HUGE bus at my front gate and immediately hid away ,but on hearing my name called out by a neighbour I had to front up .It was a very pleasant group of school kids from Chch doing the railtrail [they obviously got a little lost to end up in Cambrian ],anyway we had a nice little chat about the village whilst the bus driver rearranged my front lawn .Go for it Kids !!!
A couple of ladies from Papakura popped in to discuss Antons attitude to the windfarms,and check the woods ,and then to top it off my Shepherds flat neighbours cycled by for a cuppa .So you can see I've had a pretty hard day !! but I DID do the washing ,baked some bread and planted a little Mirbeck oak ,talked as much as usual,and am now quite knackered !! " good night"

No comments:

Post a Comment