Friday, September 4, 2009

Feel-good story




Tonight is even more amazing than last night ,but oh so cold ,I'll put on a couple of shots of the little pump this morning ,it kept pumping all night ,and the ice build-up lasted all day even though it was nice and sunny .The orchardists in Alex won't be too happy though ,this is the crunch time for their crops .My neighbour offered me some old silage for my garden so that should help it along ,adds a certain smell to the place already !!
Now I must tell this story ,if for no other reason than to balance out all the grim stories from the radio : My neighbour was high tailing it down to the Dunedin airport so that his wife could catch a flight .Being a little behind schedule he was quite" booting"it with 30km to go when all of a sudden the vehicle just STOPPED ,no steam ,no graunching,no dramatics ,just stopped .Fortunately he was in the gateway to a farm ,and soon two young lads drove out in their ute,upon hearing of their dillema they said [now remember these are total strangers ] "look you take our ute to the airport and sort your vehicle out later " which they did .
Now isn't THAT a good story ,restores a bit of faith in humanity eh ! anyone else got a story like that ? my faith needs a LOT of restoring ,send them to me by e-mail and I'll post them . cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment