Monday, July 13, 2009




9.46pm...looks like I'm more able now than before I left, as the photos of the "Merry-go-round" didn't
front up ! I'll give it another go .It was -5 as I walked home from my neighbours ,but the sky was so clear that you could see 20 light years into it !!there's a lot of space out there .
Now these Sequoias come from California [well not these actual ones] but the Brits found them up in the mountains ,took the seeds home and called them Wellingtonians ,cheeky blighters eh?
They can live for 3,000 years plus,and become the largest living orgasm on the planet,that's not a bad gamble for $60 is it ,that's 150 generations ! whew should be lots of little "Berrys" running around by then ,if anything is left to run around ON !
The phone was running hot tonight at the neighbours with everybody frantically organizing their teams for a curling Bonspiel tomorrow ,that's where the natives from around here stand around on the ice, drinking whiskey and throwing "stones" at one another ! the winners are the team that can get back to their cars without falling over !!
A young English WWOOFer guy is arriving tomorrow so it looks like I will have to get back to planning work and cooking proper meals [not before time he adds] This is not a great time of year to be photographing trees ,especially deciduous ones ,but if any past WWOOFers are reading this ,and I hope they are ,then feel free to request a photo of YOUR tree,lots of people have planted them ,and other people are most welcome to sponser one in the spring .I've ordered my last batch from Appletons as I am going to "retire" next year ,I have ordered some more ;sugar maples,paper birches,ash ,liquidamber and mirbeck oak ...wow roll on spring .

No comments:

Post a Comment