Thursday, July 23, 2009

Take a trip to Mars


"Evening all"
Welcome to all those that I just sent the link to tonight ,I hope it works out OK.As each day goes on I learn a little more about the site ,today I learn't that you have to" sign on " to this site [a Google a/c] in order to make a comment ,if you are keen it's not too difficult and it should make for more interest .Failing that I have added my e-mail to the site ,and you could just comment using that.Either way would be appreciated.
Tonight by way of a change I want to make a little comment myself.It's 40 yrs to the week since the Americans landed on the moon ,I was in the Teachers college cafeteria at the time ,Now my mate BUZZ is going around telling the world that we should..."head for mars " well apart from the gazillions that it's cost so far at the earths expense here's another reason not to [sorry if you have heard this].....
If you had a space-craft that travelled at 1million miles per hour ,1.8million kph, you would get to mars in 2 days !!
quite quick ,but if there wasn't anything there ,and we know that already,and you set off in the same craft to the NEXT CLOSEST sun ,it would take you 3,ooo yrs !!!!yes 3,0000.
If you went in todays craft ,the mars mariner ,the second journey would take you 420,000 yrs ,how many generations is that ???? and would they take you ? so this whole space business is just a political power trip ,a huge price to pay for non-stick fry pans !! I think that I will stay in Cambrian .

2 comments:

  1. Hello Bob,
    and Yes we are following the latest news from Cambrian, first thing in the morning.
    Please go on and add a history nostalgia section, you know what I am talking about
    Cheers Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure will Michael,hope that you like todays photo

    ReplyDelete